Our church logo reflects the heart and center of our mission and ministry: Jesus Christ and His sacrificial death for us sinners. This symbol was part of our church architecture when we were located downtown, and it remains part of our church architecture at our present location. You will see it in stone above all three main entrances. It teaches us the following:
The shield is a defensive piece of armor.
- “The Lord is my strength and my shield.” [Psalm 28:7]
- “He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him.” [Psalm 18:30]
- “Take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one.” [Ephesians 6:16]
The circle is a symbol of eternity, having neither beginning nor end.
- “Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting.” [Psalm 93:2]
- “God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” [John 3:16]
- “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” [Revelation 22:13]
The cross is the location where Jesus won our salvation.
- “Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.” [Hebrews 12:2]
- “If anyone would come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me.” [Luke 9:23]
- “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” [Galatians 2:20]